Since university teaching 1988, the doctorate 1990 with a thesis on the philosophy of J. Balmes. Postdoctoral researcher for two years (Batista and Roca grants), was "Research Fellow" at the University of Glasgow, studying Il·Illustration Scottish and its influence on Catalan philosophy.
He has published and worked in various research projects in philosophy Catalan, epistemology and ethics applied (moral education, bioètica i tecnoètica). He is a member of the network "Intellectual History·Property philosophy Catalan ".
Some of his most important publications are:
- CLEAR, A.; MERINO, J.; MATEOS, E.; YSA, A.; ROMÁN, B.; VIDAL-BARRAQUER, F. & VASCUETHICS STUDY GROUP (2006). The Vascular Surgeon Facing Clinical Ethical Dilemmas (The VASCUETHICS Study): 'V' – Shaped Association between Compassionate Attitudes and Professional Seniority, European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery 31 (6), 594-599.
- CLEAR, A.; YSA, A.; ROMAN, B.; ENGLISH, M. & VIDAL-BARRAQUER, F. (2004) The vascular surgeon facing clinical ethical dilemmas: are self-interest attitudes related to seniority?, European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery 27 (5), 525-533.
- (2003) "Altruism and moral education". En AA.VV. Por una ética docente (pp. 9-30), Bilbao: Grafite Ediciones-URL.
- (2003) "The notion of knowledge in the applied spin". By J. M. SQUIRREL (ed.) Technoethics. Proceedings of the Second International Congress of Technoethics (pp. 361-363). Barcelona: Technoethics Institute Publications- UB.
- (2003) “Salvador Galmés: a life dedicated to LUL·ism ". By J. M. SPRINGS & P. CASANOVAS (eds.) Thought and Philosophy in Catalonia. I: 1900-1923 (pp. 107-127). Barcelona: INHECA-IEC.
- (2002) "Concern for Spain in the work of Balmes". An R. ALBARES; A. HEREDIA; R. ISIDORO & R.I. PIÑERO (coords.) Contemporary Hispanic philosophy: he 98. Proceedings of the XI Seminar on the History of Philosophy Spanish and Latin American (pp. 427-437). Salamanca: USAL.
- (1998), The thought of F. Xavier Llorens i Barba and Scottish philosophy, Barcelona: Institute of Catalan Studies.
- (1995), "Sanity and common sense Lluís Vives", Convivium 8, 53-68.
- (1995) "Sanity and common sense Jaume Balmes", Enrahonar 24, 99-180.
- (1994) "The limits of metaphysics as N. Béguelin, a contemporary of Kant ", Daimon 4, 155-162.
- (1992), The criteria of truth Jaume Balmes, Barcelona: Editorial Balmes.
- (1992), The cogito in San Augustine and Descartes, Barcelona: Editorial Balmes.
- (1991), "Balmes in the work of Josep Pla", Spirit 103-104, 43-50.
- (1997), "Juan Luis Vives and Scottish philosophy". in A. BROADIE; M. MAURI; M. ENGLISH Skepticism and common sense (pp. 83-96), Barcelona: UB.